Reports to: Head of Technology
Based at: Head/Regional office based (Home Working)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
• Strong understanding of application development methodologies
• Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgment
• Familiarity with a broad cloud infrastructure tools and experience with cloud infrastructure management and automation technologies (Chef, Puppet)
• Scripting (shell, python, ruby) skills for monitoring and automation
• Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
• Experience optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
• Experience maintaining an infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features
• Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Possess a strong grasp of automation tools
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Experience working in a research or academic environment preferred
Competency / Performance Drivers:
Works in team environment – excellent team player
Methodical and proactive
Excellent Communication skills both written and oral
Able to work independently and prioritise effectively
Strong analysis, verbal and written communication skills
Ability to engage with 3rd party suppliers
Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise
• Proven experience as a DevOps with complex solutions or services
• Experience validating, testing and deploying cloud, desktop and mobile applications
• Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging.
• Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
• Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
• Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
• Familiarity with common stacks
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Scripting languages; Bash, Perl.
• Strong linux background
• Network Understanding (Switching, Routing, multicast, unicast)